Ek Properties, Inc. offers a full compliment of property management services for small property owners and large investors alike. We care for your property and take care of those things that often give landlords the most trouble; leasing, maintenance and tenant relations. Most services are included in the monthly management fee. Others, including evictions and collections are offered for a flat fee, as needed.
We at Ek Properties believe that you should not pay upfront costs. Therefore, we collect nothing up front. Fees are collected only after a new tenant has moved in.
- First Steps- We begin the leasing process by consulting with the property owner on pricing strategies and other important factors such as whether to allow pets in the property. Once we've settled on the appropriate rental rate, we commence an extensive advertising program.
- Leasing/Advertising- We recognize that the majority of potential renters are online and expect to see photos, maps and extensive descriptions of properties for rent. We make use of the vast resources of the web to post on multiple listing sites including zillow.com, craigslist.org, postlets.com, hotpads.com, etc. We also advertise on our website with ads created specifically for your property.
- Applicant Screening- A good rental experience begins with proper screening of potential renters. We do our homework by collecting an application for each resident 18 years or older, running a credit report for each individual along with an eviction check and terrorist watchlist check. We also collect proof of income and check previous landlord references.
- Security Deposit/Lease Documents- Once an applicant has been approved, we collect the security deposit (typically equal to one month's rent) and have them sign the lease. We use the California Association of Realtors (CAR) forms along with all necessary addenda required by law.
- Move-in Walk through- When the move-in day arrives, we conduct an extensive walk through of the property with the renter and note on a walk through form the condition of the property. This procedure is repeated at move-out.
- Maintenance- Any landlord knows that maintenance can take up a large amount of time and energy. We alleviate this headache by fielding all maintenance calls and coordinating repairs. We have an extensive network of vendors we use and trust. Of course, if you have someone you prefer to use, we are happy to work with that vendor as well. We strive to answer maintenance requests quickly and efficiently. We are also careful to notify you of any repair costing more than the amount specified on the management agreement, typically $250.
- Accounting/bill payment- We use the latest property management accounting software to track all income and expenses and generate monthly reports delivered via email to you on the last day of each month. Year-end statements are also generated for tax purposes. Besides paying bills for maintenance, we can also pay HOA dues, utility bills, etc. We are completely flexible and can customize our services to best serve you.
- Evictions- Although unfortunate, at times it is necessary to proceed with an unlawful detainer (eviction). We work with an experienced eviction attorney who knows the ins and outs of the process.